Mom’s love when their loved ones make a special recipe just for them. It can be on Mother’s Day or perhaps another day. There is just something about the love that goes into the preparation that makes the recipe special. If the kids make it, no matter how it turns out Mom will eat it and really love it.
Duncan Hines has teamed with Coupon Scribbles for the Mother’s Day Gift Guide. Duncan Hines is providing you will a few recipes to make your Mom very happy on Mother’s Day.
STRAWBERRY BROWNIE SHORTCAKE
A modern twist on a traditional favorite calls for our Double Fudge Brownies as the base. Weave in layers of fresh strawberries, whipped cream and pudding and you’ve created a sweet masterpiece! Strawberry Brownie Shortcake is a terrific dessert for the whole family to enjoy. Shortcake never tasted so good!
* 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Double Fudge Brownie Mix
* 1 (3.5 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping
* 1 quart fresh strawberries
* Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease bottom and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans.
* Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; pour into prepared pans.
* Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
* Meanwhile, stir pudding mix and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Chill. To serve, place one brownie layer on plate. Top with half each of pudding mixture and strawberries. Repeat. Garnish as desired.
EASY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE COOKIES
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies are a perfect marriage of rich chocolate and creamy peanut butter, easy to make and fun to share.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 cup peanut butter
* Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, beat brownie mix, softened butter, softened cream cheese and egg. Mix either by hand or by using a mixer.
* Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into balls and place on lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Should make 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
* In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter together and roll into small balls using about 1 teaspoon. Press peanut butter balls into surface of uncooked brownie cookies and slightly flatten cookie. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cookies may appear slightly under cooked, but do not overbake. Cool on cookie sheets for about 3 mins and transfer to wire rack.
* If Desired: Place 6 tablespoons of frosting into a microwave safe container and melt (30 seconds), drizzle melted chocolate over top of cookie. Cool.
* For easy clean up, place wax paper or parchment paper under wire rack — then drizzle the frosting on cookies
BROWNIES AND CREAM SANDWICH COOKIES
Almost like ice cream sandwiches, but without the ice cream headache! Chocolate and vanilla are always an incredible combination, especially when it’s Duncan Hines Dark Fudge Brownies and Chocolate Chunks.
* 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Dark Fudge and Chocolate Chunks Brownie Mix
* 1 large egg
* 2 tbsp water
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 can Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
* Preheat oven to 375 ºF. Grease cookie sheet.
* Combine brownie mix, egg, water and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended and soft dough forms. Drop by level measuring tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
* Bake at 375 ºF. for 7 to 8 minutes or until cookies are set in center. Do not over bake. Cool for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before assembling.
* Spread frosting on half the cookies. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie. Gently press together.